Diploma in Dialysis Technology (DDT)D
Duration:- 2 year
Eligibility:- 10th pass /12th Pass
Affiliation : Paramedical Board Karnataka
In a healthy human body, kidneys are responsible for purifying the blood. As long as kidneys perform this task well, there is no need for a patient to use dialysis treatment. Due to reasons such as kidney failure and certain medical conditions (damaged kidneys and other diseases), kidneys become unable to carry out this purification process. This is when dialysis process comes handy!
Dialysis is the artificial purification process of blood. Using dialysis process, it is possible to remove waste, excess of water and other unwanted fluid from the blood of patients.
In modern hospitals and clinics offering dialysis treatment, hemodialysis machines are used to perform artificial purification process. A dialysis technician is a person who has been trained to operate the hemodialysis machine and carry out pre, intra and post dialysis procedures. Dialysis is a treatment to channel squanders and water from your blood, permitting individuals with kidney inability to rest easy and keep doing the things they appreciate.
TASKS OF A DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN
- Setting up dialysis machine
- Preparing sterilization mix
- Recording vital body stats of the patient (temperature, blood pressure, age, pulse rate and weight)
- Monitoring the patient
- Guiding the patient and communicating with him/her
- Administering anaesthesia (as per requirement)
- Operate dialysis machine
- Supervise dialysis process
- Calculating blood flow
- Cleaning and inspection of dialysis machine
After completing the course, dialysis technicians may work under the supervision of specialized Doctors and Nurses at hospitals or healthcare setups offering dialysis treatment.
Hillside Academy started back in 1996 by Bheemachandra Education Trust. Hillside Group has various educational institutions ranging from Kindergarten to PG courses in and around Bangalore City.
- # 9, Raghuvanahalli, Gubbalala Cross, Kanakapura Main Road, Bangalore-560062, Karnataka, India.
- 080 655 87775, 080 655 87776, 098 459 56633, 097 428 03553, 099 005 42900
- Download Brochure
© Copyright 2017. Hillside Academy