Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery B
Duration: 5 1/2 years
Eligibility: 10+2 passed with 45% in physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Affilliation: RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES, Bangalore
As WHO has accepted Ayurveda as an alternative medicine, one can do course and practice Ayurveda medicine. BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery) is a 5 1/2 years bachelor degree offered by a university and approved by CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine) and Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani and Homeopathy). BAMS is designed for 5 1/2 years in this 4 1/2 years classroom training along with practical in ayurveda hospitals and 1 year fulltime internship.
BRANCHES OF AYURVEDA FOR FURTHER STUDIES.
- Kayachikitsa– Internal Medicine
- Shalakya Tantra – Ears, Nose, and Throat.
- Vishagaravairodh Tantra Toxicology
- Kaumarabhritya Pediatrics
- Shalya Tantra Surgery
- Bhuta Vidya – Psychiatry
- Vajikarana Aphrodisiacs
- Rasayana Rejuvenation
A BAMS graduate can do masters in any of the above said branches in any CCIM approved Ayurveda medical college.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN AYURVEDA
As ayurveda is an accepted alternative medicine by WHO, there is a huge demand for Ayurveda doctors worldwide. As ayurveda is rooted in treating patient rather than disease, people from all over the world look forward ayurveda for its healing power where allopathic medicine fail to deliver.
- BAMS Doctor can practice Ayurveda medicine his/her own.
- BAMS Doctor can set up an ayurveda clinic
- A person who has completed BAMS can join any ayurveda hospital. There is dearth of qualified ayurveda doctors in India.
- A BAMS completed graduate can do masters (MS) in any Ayurveda academic branch.
SCOPE OF AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is a complete or holistic system that integrates the mind, body and spirit. Divine plants that sustain long life and good health are now being rediscovered. Many renowned families of Vaidyas, who are specialized in certain branches of Ayurveda, are practicing ayurveda medicine in India. Today there is a revival of the ancient culture and traditions inherent to Ayurveda, which is a true gift of the ancient civilization to the modern world.
- Padartha vigyan and ayurved itihasa
- Kriya shareera
- Rachana shareera
- Maulik siddhanta evum astanga hridya
- Dravyaguna vijnan
- Agadtantra, vyavahar-ayurved evum vidhivaidyak
- Rasashastra evam bhaishajyakalpana
- Charakasamhita -purvardha
- Prasuti tantra evum stri roga
- Kaumarbhritya parichaya
- Charak samhita (uttarardha)
- Shalya tantra
- Shalakya tantra
- Research methodology and medical statistics
Duration of internship: 1 year
The student will join compulsory internship programme after passing the final professional examination. The internship programme will start after declaration of the result of final professional examination. The period of internship will be one year.
Hillside Academy started back in 1996 by Bheemachandra Education Trust. Hillside Group has various educational institutions ranging from Kindergarten to PG courses in and around Bangalore City.
- # 9, Raghuvanahalli, Gubbalala Cross, Kanakapura Main Road, Bangalore-560062,
- (+91) 984 595 6633
- Download Brochure
© Copyright 2017. Hillside Academy